Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Baby's first Christmas: Part 2

So here's part two of our wonderful Christmas! 

After a busy Christmas morning with my family, we headed over to my in-laws' house so we could talk with my husband's sister who is serving an LDS mission in Honduras. It took a while to get Skype going, but we were able to do video chat.

While we were waiting for the video to work, my husband thought it would be fun to a chat conversation on behalf of our son. :)


Meeting his aunt for the first time. :)

We also took time to give and receive presents with my husband's family. Our son started to get the idea of ripping the wrapping paper. :)

Our kiddo got a board book of "You are Special" by Max Lucado

We got a great family gift of a camping stove that we are excited to put to use this summer. Camping is something my husband and his family LOVE, but we haven't been able to do it yet. My husband's gone on a few campouts with the scouts and with his buddies (The Manly Man Excursion). I'm excited to do it with him this summer. 


We had a wonderful holiday season with family and friends. Christmas has so much more meaning as a parent. When we were wrapping our son's gift I got really excited. I can't wait to play Santa! Next year when kiddo's a little older it will be fun to see him experience and understand the magic of Christmas. :)

Among all the visits, presents and adventures we made sure to take time to reflect on the Savior and His life. He is the greatest gift the world has ever known. We know He lives and is watching over us. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment