Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Don't forget to laugh

It's been a while since I've blogged, and I had an experience I felt to share.

Tonight I was feeling overwhelmed and frustrated as a mom. My son was screaming, and I could not figure out what was wrong. I had fed him, changed his diaper, etc. I was also trying to get work projects done, so it was hard to balance his needs as well.

Sometimes being a mom is a lot of guesswork, and I had done a lot of guessing as to what my son needed. When I reached the point where I was too frazzled to think clearly, I finally put him to bed, so I could have a moment of peace to collect myself and then try again.

Turns out going to bed is what he needed all along. :P

So after cleaning up dinner, I pulled out my computer to start on some work projects. I saw this in my Facebook feed, and it was a perfect outlet for me to laugh at myself and the sometimes hectic lifestyle of being a mom.



It puts it in the extreme, but I love the conversation between the mom and dad.

Dad: "You're job..."
Mom: "...is hard. I know."
Dad: "...important. That's what I was going to say."

Being a mom really is important. It is the most important job in the world. Name one other job where you can have such a personal impact on an individual.

Even though it's hard, I wouldn't change being a mom for anything in the world. And in those hard moments, I need to remember to smile, put things into perspective, and laugh at myself. And besides, I have a lot more of the fun moments like this that make it all worth it.


So to my fellow moms...Remember to laugh. Remember to love. Remember you are loved. And remember you are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment